How is the work/life balance like?
2 responses
Anonymous asked a question to Roland Berger
Category: Work Life Balance
Date asked: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Last update: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Miriam Z.
Hi, in my job I can't always follow a 9-5 job, but from my perspective the work/life balance is pretty well balanced. We are encouraged to plan our vacation at least for two weeks in a row. I also have a cell phone and can check my e-mails once I have to leave earlier, e. g. for a doctor's appointment. But when I am at home I can put my cell phone aside once everything is done for that day. Overall it is a question about carrying responsibility. Sometimes there are high peaks and sometimes there are lower peaks in your daily work. Overall, I really can't complain about my work/life balance at all. I really like working at Roland Berger.
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Theresa S.
In my experience over the last years at Roland Berger, the work life balance is a high priority and continuously improving. But I want to give you a realistic picture of what to expect. In Germany we work at the client site from Monday to Thursday and help our clients with their issues. This differs from other countries that are more centralized (e.g. France  where the majority of clients is located in Paris). As we usually have a high amount of tasks for our clients, we sometimes do work long hours (often together with the client) in order to achieve a good result. Nevertheless, the individual needs of all consultants matter at Roland Berger. In my last project, every consultant could set personal time frames with their Project Manager, e.g. for doing sports twice a week or calling their partner at a certain time each day. Additionally, on Fridays every consultant is free to work from home. If we need a break, we have the possibility to go on holiday mostly any time or we can take a sabbatical and some time off, e.g. for travelling. I personally have the feeling that even though our work life balance is not perfect yet at Roland Berger, we continuously try to improve it.
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.