Picture of Can you discuss how restructuring within Roland Berger is different than its competitors?

Can you discuss how restructuring within Roland Berger is different than its competitors?

5 responses

Jonelle J. asked during the live chat Career Special: Restructuring to Roland Berger

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Friday, December 4, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, December 4, 2020

Jonelle J.

Can you discuss how restructuring within Roland Berger is different than its competitors? How does restructuring better prepare Roland Berger for the future when much is still left unknown. To that point, what are the critical skills you see has part of that process?

Friday, December 4, 2020

Jonelle J.

How often is a potential candidate's physical location considered in the hiring process? For example, I live in Germany, but my level of German is not sufficient enough, so I'm looking at positions in English-speaking countries.

Friday, December 4, 2020

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Jonelle, thank you very much for your question. Roland Berger has a longstanding history of restructuring in Germany and helped shape its development. Every firm has its own approach, for us it is really important that we are defining the concept together with the client and supporting the implementation (most critical part of the restructuring), because that is really how impact can be achieved! Focusing on the restructuring business of course is a natural hedge against economic downturn. And it is important to constantly ask yourself if the way of going forward that you chose is still the right one given changing conditions or whether this needs to be adjusted. Agility here is key :)

Friday, December 4, 2020

Michaela F.

Project Manager

The lucky part of the job is that it is flexible on where you work, because you mostly travel to client sites anyway and are able to work from home. For positions in Germany however it is required to speak German but we also have international offices where you can apply to. Typically it would require though that you also live in that country.

Friday, December 4, 2020

Jonelle J.

Thank you, Michaela. Nice answer to my first point.

Friday, December 4, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?