Picture of What is the best way to prepare myself for an interview and then for the job?

What is the best way to prepare myself for an interview and then for the job?

6 responses

Additional information

There are a lot of books and case interview examples out there, but my question is more about: what could be a differential? And how can I prepare myself for the consulting world (and not only for the interview)? (any book, online course, or best practice recommendations would be great)

Mariane M. asked during the live chat Career Special: Restructuring to Roland Berger

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Friday, December 4, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, December 4, 2020

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Mariane, thank you so much for your question. To be honest when I interview I always try to take cases that are not the common 'off-the-shelves' cases to see, whether the interviewee is able to think outside the box and works solution oriented. I am not sure about certain courses etc. (because last time I applied was 5 years ago :)) but I can only recommend to really watch and read the news and linkedin so that you know what is going on in the world and what the critical issues in the economy are. And in a case interview try to always focus on a solution and make sure that you find a way to get to your solution in time. And there is never one right way. I hope this helped?

Friday, December 4, 2020

Mariane M.

Yes, that helped a lot!

Friday, December 4, 2020

Mariane M.

One other question, I come from Brazil, and I'm currently doing my Master's in Germany as a double degree student, which means that in the end, I need to still go to Brazil and finish my Diploma there. If I apply to the office in São Paulo, is there any connection between offices in Germany for example?

Friday, December 4, 2020

Mariane M.

To make the question a little bit wider: how international is the company?

Friday, December 4, 2020

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Mariane, that sounds exciting! RB offers a lot international opportunities, e.g. with a client that works internationally or on international projects or that you switch offices for a while. If you apply to the Sao Paulo office I would assume, however, that you mostly work in Brazil.

Friday, December 4, 2020

Mariane M.

Perfect. Thank you very much for the time and the enriching answers!

Friday, December 4, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?