Picture of How can I tackle the fear or prejudices which employees often have against consultants?

How can I tackle the fear or prejudices which employees often have against consultants?

3 responses

Additional information

This might be especially true for restructuring projects. Is that the case? Are you trained in difficult situations which could occur due to this reason?

Simon H. asked during the live chat Career Special: Restructuring to Roland Berger

Category: Culture

Date asked: Friday, December 4, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, December 4, 2020

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Simon, that is a very good question and indeed something we are always facing. I think the first thing is to understand and sympathize with the client and the second is to not take it personally. If cases like that occur I think it is important to understand that the other person is facing certain emotions and that is ok. I think it is always important to show that we are complementing them and supporting them we are not trying to do their job better and that we are there to help. And then I try to get back to the reason why we actually had the meetig in the first place.

Friday, December 4, 2020

Simon H.

Thank you for the interesting insight, Michaela. One follow-up: Are there any personal characteristics which you prefer applicants to have in this challenging enviroment?

Friday, December 4, 2020

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Simon. Yes that is very important and something we really focus on in the recruitment process. It is important that candidates are team players, motivated, always strive to develop further and work goal-oriented and in a structured manner. And of course that we would like to have them in our team simply because it would be fun :)

Friday, December 4, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?