Picture of Could you please be so kind to give us some rough idea about sustainability projects your are currently working on?

Could you please be so kind to give us some rough idea about sustainability projects your are currently working on?

Picture of Julia
11 responses

Lukas Z. asked during the live chat Sustainability in Industrials to Roland Berger

Category: General

Date asked: Friday, March 19, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, March 19, 2021

Picture of Julia M.

Julia M.

Consultant

Hi Lukas, thank you for your question. We are working on sustainability project in different industries such as automotive, aviation or packaging. Our current projects mainly focus on company strategies. In general we do see an increase in sustainability project requests.

Friday, March 19, 2021

Ludwig G.

Is there a specific geographical focus? I could imagine that European companies are much more reluctant to really invest in sustainability projects opposed to Asian manufacturers for example. What are your experiences on that?

Friday, March 19, 2021

Lukas Z.

Thanks! Do you see that companies like to focus their sustainability efforts on certain value chain activities? I'd guess that operations are and sourcing are the hot topics when it comes to sustainability. Have you worked on more "exotic" sustainability projects so far?

Friday, March 19, 2021

Picture of Julia M.

Julia M.

Consultant

I do agree with you Lukas. Especially in the automotive industry the purchasing strategies are under consideration. But we also see an increase in overall ESG-related projects. So social and govermental responsibilities are generally important. Regarding your second question on more "exotic" projects we do had a sustainability workshop in the meat industry for example. As you might know this is an industry which is not a sustainability-pioneer but since this topic is becoming more and more important companies start to shift their mindsets.

Friday, March 19, 2021

Lukas Z.

That sounds super interesting! When it comes to more wholistic sustainability strategies, do you staff your projects with colleagues from different functions or are most sustainability experts from the operations functions anyways?

Friday, March 19, 2021

Leopold I.

Is the food and agricultural industry in general a regular client of yours, judging from the impact on sustainability it has?

Friday, March 19, 2021

Picture of Julia M.

Julia M.

Consultant

Exactly, we do staff our projects in collaboration between different industries and functions. We staffed our project regarding an automotive strategy from our automotive and operations competence center, as an example. Of course, the food and agricultural industry is one of our regular clients. But we do not delivery only sustainability projects to them. As I said, we do see an increase in sustainability project and workshop requests.

Friday, March 19, 2021

Leopold I.

Cool, thanks Julia!

Friday, March 19, 2021

Lukas Z.

Thank you, Julia!

Friday, March 19, 2021

Picture of Julia M.

Julia M.

Consultant

I hope this answer finds you well and could provide further insights to you :)

Friday, March 19, 2021

Picture of Julia M.

Julia M.

Consultant

Dear Ludwig, regarding your request on the geographical focus we do not see a focus area for those kind of projects since we also offer sustainability projects around the globe in Asia for example. This shows that sustainability is on top of the agenda of companies worldwide!

Friday, March 19, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?