Picture of How is the consulting life at RB different than other strategy consulting firms?

How is the consulting life at RB different than other strategy consulting firms?

6 responses

Additional information

Is there a ritual which differentiates the company culture? Thanks for the reply.

Mesut L. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: Life at the company

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Mesut, thank you very much for that question. I think in the end there is so much to learn in any consultancy job. A difference we have is our practice structure. So from the moment you start with RB you are not a generalist but have a dedicated functional or industry focus. It creates a sense of a home base and family feeling, which I really enjoy. This does not mean, that you cannot change practice groups if you find out you prefer a different practice at some point.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Abdul Kadir U.

Hi Michaela, that's very interesting! Does that vary between offices/countries or is it something that is proudly implemented in all the offices?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Abdul, thanks for your question! That CC structure mainly concerns the DACH region. As far as I know we do not have that CC structure in other countries. At least not officially, some countries might have a certain industry focus.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Levi A.

Hi Michaela, since you said that you can also change your practice, I wanted to ask how often you get an insight into other practices / are working on projects which are not in your home base. It boils down to the question of how good one's insight into other practices is when working in the home practice

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Levi, very often! Most of the time teams are mixed anyway (e.g. currently I support an automotive supplier and we have support from restructuring, automotive, operations practice).

Friday, May 7, 2021

Levi A.

Thanks a lot! That sounds really good!

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?