Picture of To what extent is Roland Berger involved in public sector consulting?

To what extent is Roland Berger involved in public sector consulting?

5 responses

Additional information

If you are allowed to talk about it: Specifically, are you involved in the current drafting of the pandemic response of European governments?

Levi A. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: General

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

Hi Levi :) Our Civil Economics CC is highly involved in public projects, ranging from large infrastructure projects (not the BER airport though ;) ), energy sector to NGOs, foundations and governments.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

In several European countries colleagues are involved in the Corona response, e.g. they supported the Procurement of protection gear for medical personnel.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Levi A.

Hey Jeanne! Thank you very much for your answer! :) I find the public sector very interesting in general, am however a little afraid of dealing with a lot of ministries where the communication processes are slow and the culture potentially very bureaucratic / not all to involved or driven. Is that a valid concern or rather not an issue, do have any personal insights or heard something from colleagues?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

I live in Berlin and we have quite a large group of colleagues here working in the public sector (although office location is not important for choosing a CC). Every client is different on every project and you cannot generalize this I think. There are many hard-working, competent client counterparts in the public sector. At the same time decision-making processes can be a bit more bureaucratic, but so are the processes in large group companies. So I do not think that this should be a concern and if you see the upside of it: If your client stops working at 5 pm, you will not receive any more emails or work from him after that time ;)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Levi A.

Hahaha that is definitely true, thanks a lot for your answer!! I am sure there are interesting but also more challenging counterparties in any practice :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?