Picture of How do you expect the Corona crisis to change Consulting in the long run?

How do you expect the Corona crisis to change Consulting in the long run?

10 responses

Nadine V. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: Life at the company

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Felix Y.

And maybe also how it changed consulting at RB

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

Hi Nadine and Felix, Corona has already changed the way we are working and equally important, the way our clients are working. They are now all equipped to work remote. As a consequence, we were able to lead most of our projects during the past months remote.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

I have been on a project for several months and have never seen my clients "live"

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

We definitely expect that this will impact the way we work in the "new normal". I would expect that we travel less, for fewer days, or have only a part of the team at the client's site

Friday, May 7, 2021

Nadine V.

Thanks for your response, Gloria! Do you think the client communication "suffered" from a lack of personal contact? And if yes, what were strategies you tried to overcome this?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Felix Y.

Thanks Gloria!

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

Especially in the beginning it takes more efforts to connect with the client remotely. My strategies to overcome this include for example, taking some time before/after a meeting for small talk/getting to know the client on a more personal level.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

Yesterday, I conducted with my project team (incl. the operative clients) a virtual wine tasting - were we committed to not talk about the project. This was a great opportunity to get to know each other and lots of fun :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Nadine V.

Sounds fun! Thank you.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

You are welcome!

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?