Picture of What opportunities have arisen for Roland berger as a result of the pandemic?

What opportunities have arisen for Roland berger as a result of the pandemic?

7 responses

Rupert F. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: About us

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Rupert, thank you very much for your question. I think for the whole economy covid has revealed weaknesses and also opportunities. For us the opportunity is in the way that business is done, in terms of the necessity of really being present at a client site or not. It showed that working more from home also works well and does not reduce the performance and the results for the client. Then such issues as state financing etc. of course gave us in the restructuring practice the opportunity to help clients on these new and urgent topics that arose. For the restructuring practice we expect to see an increase in restructuring need, especially after state support is no longer provided. I hope that answers your question.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Rupert F.

Thank you for your interesting answer Michaela. This gives rise to another question for me. Isn't it sometimes difficult to decide whether a restructuring makes sense, and how do you determine that?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Rupert, that is the exactly the work we do for weeks to find out if that is the case or not. So we analyse the company situation, background and historic development. We analyse the future and define with the client of course what they have to do in order to be successful in the future.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Rupert F.

Ah interesting, that means one part of the work is to analyze whether a restructuring makes sense and the other part is to accompany the restructuring process?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

That really depends. The first phase is the concept phase where you evaluate exactly what the company needs to get back on track and whether it makes sense. Then that is often accompanied by negotiations with the financing parties and then often followed by the implementation phase. The concept phase lasts roughly 1-3 months, the implementation years lasts rather for years.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Rupert F.

Sounds interesting, thank you for the impressions. Now I am looking forward to restructuring my first company;)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Great to hear :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?