Picture of How would you define "Personal Fit" for Roland Berger?

How would you define "Personal Fit" for Roland Berger?

8 responses

Nadine V. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: Application Advice

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

Hi Nadine :) Since 'personal' fit goes both ways, I can only tell you how I define my personal fit with the company. The most important thing for me is to get along with my colleagues, building relationships beyond work and enjoying spending time with them in the team room (because that can be a lot of time ;) ). It is also having fun while you are working and sharing a common sense of purpose, drive and curiosity. And now you need to find out your personal fit with the company ;)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Nadine V.

I will! Thanks for the inspiration so far :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Sascha D.

Hi Jeanne, i totally agree with you. It's definetly much better if you work with "friends" instead of "colleagues". But how can you answer this question honestly in an interview without knowing your future colleagues?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Sascha. The assessment always also includes a personal interview that focuses on the personality of the candidate. I would always in any case be honest and show your personality (of course not all things are maybe worth sharing in a professional interview :)). But it should always work for both sides and if the personal fit is just not right it would probably not make you happy anyway. So be honest, that is my recommendation.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Sascha D.

Hi Michaela, sorry for unintentionally putting the focus on "honest". That is out of the question for me. I would like to rephrase my question: Will you meet your future mentor in the interviews to see if it is a fit? :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

You usually meet him in the follow-up interview, once you successfully passed the assessment day. And even if you start working with one mentor and after a few months realize that you prefer to change him/her for different reasons (e.g. you prefer other project topics), that is always possible

Friday, May 7, 2021

Sascha D.

Okay thank you very much! Also thanks for this Live-Chat Event! :) Have a great weekend

Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

Thank you, you too :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?