Picture of How to help small businesses avoid insolvency

How to help small businesses avoid insolvency

4 responses

Additional information

Since many of the most severly effected businesses are medium sized or small, is there a specific approach to help them avoid insolvency? Are there any programs by Roland Berger for companies that might normally struggle to afford a high class consultancy?

Felix O. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: General

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

Hi Felix :) At Roland Berger we focus on the medium- to large sized companies during restructuring because we specialize in writing restructuring concepts that are presented to the financing banks, which ultimately approve further financing or not. And this setup is very different for smaller firms. There is obviously no 'one size fits all' approach to avoiding insolvencies for smaller companies, but having a sound business plan, tracking your costs, forecasting market developments and analyzing your customers is a must, esp. planning this in different scenarios to anticipate potential disruptions.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Felix O.

Do you have programs for your consultants to take off time to do pro bono cases that could help companies not typically in the focus of RB? I know the focus of your consultants is on larger companies but i guess some of the concepts are more or less transferable and could potentially have a big impact for those companies (especially smaller ones).

Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

It is of course difficult to generalize, but I would assume that many of the large restructuring measures (e.g. optimizing your footprint of production plants, cutting SG&A costs on a large scale...) are not equally feasible for a small business. But you can take time off at Roland Berger either to do a social fellowship or to do an entrepreneurial fellowship (or a sabbatical, PhD...). So there are many opportunities to apply what you have learned at RB outside of your working hours.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Felix O.

That sounds very interesting :) thank you for the answer!

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?