Picture of Making a career in Roland Berger

Making a career in Roland Berger

7 responses

Additional information

Hi, What are the key criteria and skills needed to be successful in my first year, but also after as a new consultant at Roland Berger?

Maria F. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Maria F.

And if I were to decide to have a child in the future, would that impact my career prospects negatively in comparison to someone who does not take parental leave?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

Hi Maria, thanks for your questions. Taking a parental leave will not impact your career prospects at all. Consulting is probably the most flexible area to work in if you plan to take a parental leave/a sabbatical/time-off. Since we work in projects, its quite easy to re-integrate after any time-off.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Maria F.

Fantastic, thank you Gloria!

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

You are welcome! And regarding the skills, I would follow our values of empathy, excellency, and entrepreneurship. If you can contribute with those values (underlying skills) you will be successful at RB

Friday, May 7, 2021

Maria F.

Ok, that's a good interview tips as I can try to emphasise competencies based on these values.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Maria F.

Thank you again Gloria

Friday, May 7, 2021

Gloria R.

Project Manager

You are welcome!

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?