Picture of How has working from home impacted your work as an consultant?

How has working from home impacted your work as an consultant?

6 responses

Additional information

Do the benefits outweigh the negatives? Is you workload higher now (no travelling, back-to-back virtual meetings)? How do you feel about this (temporary?) shift in working?

Justus M. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: General

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Justus, thanks so much for your questions. I guess that is pretty dependent on the individual. I know colleagues that miss travelling and sitting with the team. For me it was rather a positive shift after having been travelling for 5 years straight. Workload is not higher but the line between work and private line got more blurry. So I personally had to find a new structure in my daily routines. I think it did show that working from home is equally producte and works great too so I think in the future it might change the need of travelling to a client site.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Justus M.

Hi Michaela, thank you for your answer. How do you find a structure in your daily routine? Do you block your calender for things like lunch etc. or define "strict" out-of-office times?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Justus. This year I started with an hour in the morning to have for myself to work out, read, have my tea. And I sometimes block time e.g. for walks and try to finish my day off with a walk to get a sense of 'work is done now'.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

But everyone needs to decide that for themselves :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Justus M.

Sounds good, thanks for your personal insight! :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Sure! :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?