Picture of Is there a place for non-fluent German speakers in Roland Berger?

Is there a place for non-fluent German speakers in Roland Berger?

Picture of Verena
6 responses

Additional information

Dear all, Thank you for hosting this live chat session. I am glad to have a chance to connect to you through the chat before I go into the interview next Monday. I am an international student coming from South Korea, having an immense interest in business consultancy. Although I have been learning German continuously ever since I came to Germany, my German is not yet sufficient for the professional environment. And I wonder whether there is a way for me to leverage my current insufficient German language skill to get into Roland Berger. In other words, I am interested in knowing whether there is a place in Roland Berger for one who does not speak fluent German. Of course, under the condition that he will improve his German over time. Kind regards, Sohee

Sohee I. asked during the live chat Women in consulting to Roland Berger

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Friday, July 16, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, July 16, 2021

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Dear Sohee, I hope you are doing well! At first, congrats to your interview round next week :) At Roland Berger we have many international projects and also the majority of project documentation such as presentations is in English language. Of course, the day-to-day interaction with clients is often in German so it is great that you have already started learning the language. In the end it depends on the industry but we of course take care that you would join a project in a more international context when you join us for your internship.

Friday, July 16, 2021

Sohee I.

Hi Verena, Thank you for the answer. You answer actually gives me hope! I Just to clarify though: I have already carried out three internships and I applied for the entry level consultant at Roland Berger, not an internship position. Do I need to understand your answer in a way that for a full-time consultant position, not having business-fluent German language skill is an obstacle in the application procedure?

Friday, July 16, 2021

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Hi Sohee, sorry for the misunderstanding! My answer is equally valid for full-time positions, for sure. We definitely have colleagues which do not have yet a fully professional level of German language skills.

Friday, July 16, 2021

Sohee I.

Thank you for the clarification, Verena! I think I can get into the interview with more confidence then :) Thank you!

Friday, July 16, 2021

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Good luck and all the best for your interview day, Sohee!

Friday, July 16, 2021

Sohee I.

Thank you :)

Friday, July 16, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?