Picture of What qualities and skills do you need to excel at Roland Berger?

What qualities and skills do you need to excel at Roland Berger?

Picture of Nicolas
1 response

Hannah S. asked a question to Consultant

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, October 29, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Nicolas W.

Nicolas W.

Principal

Hi Hannah Very good question as well! Here is my thinking based on my experience as project manager as well as on my role in recruiting. We look after candidates who match our culture - and in fact this personal fit is very important and often overlooked by applicants. We look for people who match our core value of empathy here - i.e. who are self-reflective, are able to function in teams, are proactive and solution-orientated and who genuinely care for delivering great solutions for our clients. In addition, we look for diverse profiles and interesting backgrounds - for people who could enrich our problem-solving abilities by bringing in a new perspective. In addition to these qualities we are of course Looking for certain skills: numerical literacy (reading: not being afraid of numbers and being able to work with numbers to generate insights), problem solving abilities, very good communication skills and in general a highly analytical mindset. I hope this helps to give you a first sense of what we are looking for. Feel free to reach out in case of further questions.

Friday, October 29, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?