Picture of Are the Abitur grades still a knockout criterion? Bachelor's and Master's grades are significantly better, also due to o

Are the Abitur grades still a knockout criterion? Bachelor's and Master's grades are significantly better, also due to o

Picture of Johannes
Picture of Annika
3 responses

Johannes P. asked during the live chat Joining Roland Berger - from your application to the first days with us to Roland Berger

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Friday, October 29, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Johannes P.

Johannes P.

* other focus and personal motivation. Relevant internships, international experience, volunteer work etc...

Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Annika B.

Annika B.

Junior Consultant

Of course good grades are a selection criteria - but just one out of many. It's better to have a good master and a semi-good high school diploma than the other way round, because this shows improvement over time.

Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Johannes P.

Johannes P.

Okay thank you Annika, so I can assume that the application does not fall victim to the Algorithm and are still read. Good to hear that from you, there are quite a few rumors about the selection.

Friday, October 29, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
Can you give me tops on how MBA candidates from non-core schools compete along those from core-schools for internships?Is it possible to do an MBA if you already have a PhD? Does the policy differ per country, e.g. Switzerland vs. Germany?Is it still pretty common at RB to pursue a Phd or MBA after 2-3 years, or is it not as important as it used to be inworld´s leading MBA schools - is this a must or a plus?Do you hire MDs that only recently graduated from med school and don't have a lot of hands-on clinical experience?Am I allowed to apply for the Gap Year even if I am in my Masters already? (Due to Covid I chose not to take a year out)Do PhD holders have the chance to pursue RB sponsored MBA programs just like Master´s degree holders?Does RB support employees who aim to pursue a higher education level (e.g. MBA)?Hi Katharina, why that focus on excellent uni grades? That's years ago. Do you want to measure discipline/work ethic?Has anyone with average university grades but exceptional career (diverse, entrepreneurial) gotten into RB?Is there a maximum hiring age? Or a preferred age range for people entering RB?Why are university grades a hiring criteria? Do they correlate with work ethic? Or with agreeableness?Are the A-Level Grades still important if you have excellent university grades? For Internships and Full Time Positions?Is there a cutoff concerning grades? Do I have chances for an interview invitation with a 1.9 from a target university?What educational leave options are availible to hires starting with a Bachelor's degree?