Picture of Is it possible to switch from a Big4 consulting firm to consulting at Roland Berger?

Is it possible to switch from a Big4 consulting firm to consulting at Roland Berger?

Picture of Jannis
10 responses

Philip L. asked during the live chat Joining Roland Berger - from your application to the first days with us to Roland Berger

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, October 29, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Jannis H.

Jannis H.

Senior Consultant

Hi Philip, thanks for your question. In principle, this is also possible. It always depends on the particular case (e.g. what did you do at the Big4 before, what seniority level, etc.).

Friday, October 29, 2021

Philip L.

Hi Jannis, Thank you for your response. I have worked for two years at Deloitte Consulting in the Public Sector practice. However, I would like to switch to Roland Berger due to their unique culture as a German top consulting firm. Would this switch be possible?

Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Sabine K.

Sabine K.

HR Manager

I am happy to answer here, as I am responsible for this area. Of course, it's good if you already have knowledge here, so I would look closely at your practical experience. You are welcome to contact me again here, we currently have a position advertised in this area.

Friday, October 29, 2021

Philip L.

Hi Sabine, Thank you for your response. On which level can i expect to join Roland Berger with two years of experience at Deloitte Consulting?

Friday, October 29, 2021

Philip L.

Of course should the interview process be successful...

Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Sabine K.

Sabine K.

HR Manager

With 2 years of relevant work experience you start as a consultant.

Friday, October 29, 2021

Philip L.

Hi Sabine, Thank you for your response. And how can i expect the interview process to be? Will it also entail case interviews or will it be more focused on my previous work experience?

Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Sabine K.

Sabine K.

HR Manager

The interview process consists of 3 interviews (1 personality and 2 technical interviews) and a partner interview.

Friday, October 29, 2021

Philip L.

So the interview process for experienced hires is the same as for new hires?

Friday, October 29, 2021

Picture of Sabine K.

Sabine K.

HR Manager

It is different, as experienced hires do not have to take an analytical test before.

Friday, October 29, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?