Picture of Tips for an upcoming consultant? How do I prepare the best for the start?

Tips for an upcoming consultant? How do I prepare the best for the start?

Picture of Timotheus
20 responses

Additional information

Would like to get to the senior consultant level as soon as possible. Any excell, powerpoint course or anythig else that you could recommend to do in next month before the joining?

Vivek M. asked during the live chat Climate Action – How Roland Berger helps its clients to achieve their goals towards a carbon-free world to Roland Berger

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, December 10, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, December 10, 2021

Picture of Timotheus G.

Timotheus G.

Consultant

Hi Vivek!

Friday, December 10, 2021

Vivek M.

Hi Timotheus!

Picture of Timotheus G.

Timotheus G.

Consultant

Do you have any experience with PPT and/or excel already?

Vivek M.

I do but not extensive. I mostly have to take some short of help from Youtube :)

Picture of Timotheus G.

Timotheus G.

Consultant

Don't worry would be my answer! That's why you would start at a lower level (e.g., as JC) to get more familiar with the tools --> Believe me, you will learn them!

Vivek M.

Thanks Timotheus. I'm starting at C1 level. Is there any onboarding training? How is it like?

Picture of Timotheus G.

Timotheus G.

Consultant

I personally have not looked into preparation material as I worked for 5 years prior to joining RB and therefore had some experience already with the tools. There is onboarding training, yes! This will provide you with some quick access to helpful ways of learning. Also, RB will provide access to very nice and extensive training platforms so you can continue to practice on your own! And may I say congratulations? It sounds like you have the offer already?

Vivek M.

:) Thank you! Yes I do. And I'm already having imposter syndrome.

Picture of Karla P.

Karla P.

Vivek! Congratulations I'm here to encourage you. I know how that feels, but you gotta trust your abilities and just know: you're gonna do great!

Picture of Timotheus G.

Timotheus G.

Consultant

Thanks for stepping in Karla! And I could not agree more.

Vivek M.

Karla! Very encouraging, thanks!

Picture of Timotheus G.

Timotheus G.

Consultant

And Vivek: Congrats! You have made an incredible step and can be proud of you! I always go by the motto of "I'm doing MY best".

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?