Picture of Have there been any circularity/ circular economy projects? If so, could you describe the goal and process?

Have there been any circularity/ circular economy projects? If so, could you describe the goal and process?

Picture of Julia
Picture of Karla
3 responses

Karla P. asked during the live chat Climate Action – How Roland Berger helps its clients to achieve their goals towards a carbon-free world to Roland Berger

Category: Team Info

Date asked: Friday, December 10, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, December 10, 2021

Picture of Julia R.

Julia R.

Senior Consultant

Hi Karla, thanks for your question! Circular economy is a super interesting topic and will be a huge topic in the next years. We consult companies in different industries regarding the topic of how to close the loop. But I believe there will be even more projects coming up in the near future. Circular economy is also one of the main drivers for decarbonization.

Friday, December 10, 2021

Picture of Karla P.

Karla P.

Hi Julia! so nice to e-meet you, does this mean usually the projects in decarbonization integrate various approaches like in this case closing the loop? Has there been a specific project that comes to your mind? I am so interested in how the application of the concept can look like for the clients?

Picture of Julia R.

Julia R.

Senior Consultant

Exactly! Normally we help our clients to set a target, until when they want to become net-zero. However, the path how to get there is of course highly dependent on many factors. One project that comes to my mind is a consumer goods company, where we helped to cut transport emissions, but also helped to analyze their packaging materials. And supported the company to find more sustainable solutions along their value chain.

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?