Picture of Could you explain about the specific characteristics that you are looking for while receiving an application

Could you explain about the specific characteristics that you are looking for while receiving an application

Picture of Lisa
Picture of Debora
8 responses

Additional information

Moreover, what is the path to becoming a consultant for those who achieved experience in other fields and now want to transition to consultancy positions?

Hadi A. asked during the live chat Become our intern and work on various Infrastructure & Energy topics to Roland Berger

Category: Application Status

Date asked: Friday, November 25, 2022

Last reviewed: Friday, November 25, 2022

Picture of Lisa S.

Lisa S.

HR Expert Recruiting: full-time consulting positions

Hi Hadi, thanks for your question. There are some criteria which are of special interest to us. For example, this would be your academic background, international experience and your previous work experience. However, we always look at the full picture and emphasize the importance of personal fit and authenticity :)

Friday, November 25, 2022

Picture of Debora E.

Debora E.

Project Manager

To your second question: you'll need to bring a certain analytical skill set, strategic thinking and the willingness to learn very fast. In my opinion, the higher your starting position, the better your team and communication skills have to be, because you will likely be put into direct client interaction from early on

Hadi A.

Could you also explain a bit more about the internship position? like starting date, duration, and so on. Is there a link to the role description? Besides, are we allowed to ask for personal feedback on skills or CVs? I am studying for my MBA in sustainable mobility management at TU Berlin and want to know more about the differences between internship positions and MBA positions. Besides, how essential is it to be familiar with German to be considered for a role at RB?

Picture of Debora E.

Debora E.

Project Manager

Starting date is quite flexible for internships, it's usually the first of a month, but the month itself is flexible. In my opinion, starting dates in spring or autumn are usually quite good to get interesting projects as some clients take longer summer and christmas breaks. We usually require min of 3 months for an internship, but you can also do longer internships, which will increase your chances to see different projects throughout your internships Regarding your second question: The MBA position is a full-time position, where you would already start as a consultant right away. The internship is usually limited to 3-6 months as mentioned above. To apply for a full-time position, you should ideally already have 2-3 relevant professional experiences, i.e. via internships or sth similar. But we always look at the full profile - and your MBA sounds quite interesting in itself!Regarding your second question: The MBA position is a full-time position, where you would already start as a consultant right away. The internship is usually limited to 3-6 months as mentioned above. To apply for a full-time position, you should ideally already have 2-3 relevant professional experiences, i.e. via internships or sth similar. But we always look at the full profile - and your MBA sounds quite interesting in itself!

Hadi A.

My other question would be a bit out of the line, although it is about doing a master's thesis in the RB or in cooperation with RB. is it possible?

Picture of Debora E.

Debora E.

Project Manager

We have had a few cases of former interns who have then written their thesis in cooperation with RB colleagues (i.e. by conducting interviews, having a bit of mentorship etc). But we do not offer thesis positions per se

Hadi A.

Great, so is it possible to conduct interviews with RB staff? If so, how and where can I send my request?

Picture of Lisa S.

Lisa S.

HR Expert Recruiting: full-time consulting positions

Please feel free to submit your application online. For internships, the position will be available for application from Monday again. For full-time positions, you can submit your documents (CV, motivation letter, university and work certificates) on our website using the following link: https://www.rolandberger.com/en/Join/All-Jobs/Consultant-(m-w-d)-All-levels-307.html

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?