Picture of How did you choose your Competence Center?

How did you choose your Competence Center?

Picture of Franziska
7 responses

Additional information

And what advice would you give entry-level consultants concerning "CC" selection?

Sebastian F. asked during the live chat From engineers to economists and data scientists: Get to know our consultants and their interesting careers! to Roland Berger

Category: Experience

Date asked: Friday, February 24, 2023

Last reviewed: Friday, February 24, 2023

Picture of Franziska R.

Franziska R.

Senior Consultant

Yes, of course :). So there are two things I would consider, firstly do I want to have an industry perspective / focus or rather a functional perspective / focus. For me it was very clear right at the beginning to have a functional focus - I wanted to see as many different industries as possible to broaden my own perspective. But in the case you have a preference for a specific industry e.g. automotive this is the path I would recommend

Friday, February 24, 2023

Sebastian F.

Perfect thanks a lot! I assume the specific preferences are communicated throughout the "Recruiting Day", followed by a partner interview in the respective Competence Center. Is that correct? :)

Picture of Franziska R.

Franziska R.

Senior Consultant

Yes absolutely.

Picture of Franziska R.

Franziska R.

Senior Consultant

In case you already have a preference, I would recommend you to provide your HR point of contact with that information in advance to the Recruiting Day. They will then try to select a recruiter from your preferred CC

Sebastian F.

Perfect that's great advice! Thanks a lot, I will definitely do so.

Ning S.

Hi Franziska! I'm interested in the automotive practice. So, for experienced hires, is it on a rolling basis or there is preferred slots?

Picture of Franziska R.

Franziska R.

Senior Consultant

Hi Ning, we hire throughout the entire year. So go for it and apply :). We are always looking for more Industrial / Operations enthusiasts for the automotive industry

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?