Picture of How is the work-life-balance in the company compared to other top consulting firms, especially in Germany?

How is the work-life-balance in the company compared to other top consulting firms, especially in Germany?

Picture of Kristian
3 responses

Timoteo L. asked during the live chat Training & Development in Consulting at Roland Berger to Roland Berger

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Friday, June 2, 2023

Last reviewed: Friday, June 2, 2023

Picture of Kristian K.

Kristian K.

Senior Consultant

Hi Timoteo, at RB we have several initiatives fostering a good work-life balance. For instance, "New Work" where we reduce travel time and prioritize work to avoid night shifts. From my experience there are always up and downs: When preparing a SteerCo presentation, you might have to work longer but on average I always have sufficient time for sports and time for myself... My flat mate is at another top consulting firm and usually works longer hours than I do ;)

Friday, June 2, 2023

Timoteo L.

I have seen from other companies, that they try to facilitate family life to their workers. What does RB offer in this regard? And do you have any personal experiences, or do you know any personal experiences from your coworkers?

Friday, June 2, 2023

Picture of Kristian K.

Kristian K.

Senior Consultant

Yes, very good point! We also have programs for facilitating family life into the daily work. Generally, there different options: Next to their regular parental leaves, colleagues start reducing their working hours by switching to part time How does that work at RB? You can start working 80% take every Friday off (needs to be aligned with the client and is currently working well) or take some time off after every project (no alignment needed and super easy to realize) Moreover, my last project manager blocked 1 to 2 hours every evening for video calling their family or when working remotely actively spending the evening with the family and returning to the computer after the kids are asleep

Friday, June 2, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?