Picture of What sets Roland Berger apart from other consulting firms (culture, projects, development etc.)?

What sets Roland Berger apart from other consulting firms (culture, projects, development etc.)?

Picture of Susanne
Picture of Kristian
9 responses

Geri K. asked during the live chat Training & Development in Consulting at Roland Berger to Roland Berger

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Friday, June 2, 2023

Last reviewed: Friday, June 2, 2023

Picture of Susanne H.

Susanne H.

Human Ressources

Hi Geri, great question! We are a very entrepreneurial company that really is interested in great personalities that want to drive change. I think it is something very special. I have been working for the company for 8 years now and whenever I felt that I wanted to bring some change to the company or had a great idea that I wanted to pursuit I was never stopped.

Friday, June 2, 2023

Picture of Kristian K.

Kristian K.

Senior Consultant

Exactly what Susanne said is valued my our clients. We used to have the slogan "It's character that creates impact". At RB every opinion matters and is leading to the best and tailor made solution for the client

Friday, June 2, 2023

Geri K.

Thanks so much very helpful, can you give some examples on this related to client work for instance?

Friday, June 2, 2023

Picture of Kristian K.

Kristian K.

Senior Consultant

We have proven tools and methods that we use but always tailor made them for the client. At a recent project, we designed a new organization and created "end-to-end" responsibility within the different business units. We had a diverse team with different background grounds from engineering, business, and psychology. During the discussion for designing and implementing the new organization every team member was heard and added their perspective. Especially, the psychology background was relevant for designing the right change approach and getting the buy-in from the organization.

Friday, June 2, 2023

Geri K.

Many thanks for this, aside from entrepreneurial spirit, why RB is a special place?

Friday, June 2, 2023

Picture of Susanne H.

Susanne H.

Human Ressources

On a very personal note - I met one of my best friends at RB and I am now the godmother of her first child. RB is a special place because colleagues become friends for life :)

Friday, June 2, 2023

Geri K.

Any other personal stories are more than welcome;)

Friday, June 2, 2023

Picture of Valérie C.

Valérie C.

Project Manager

I came to RB four years ago (actually exactly to the date), coming from Big Four. One of the things that since has made me stay at RB is in a way its size and all the things that come with it. Coming from a much larger organization, at RB, we simply know each other. In addition, with this size we are still able to have very personalized career tracks, for example I am very interested in an international career and wanted to work from Asia for a while, in my former company this request triggered a year long process, here Global mobility made no promises because there are no beaten tracks let's say but they made sure I got the package that was best tailored to my situation. Another example for me is training, you have the mandatory catalogue per level but are then able to pick and choose from a very wide offering based on your interest (e.g. I have done additional trainings around python etc..). Lastly (and that is also what entrepreneurship means to me personally) if you see something that can be improved, you will receive the support to do that, e.g. a year ago I pointed out that our affinity groups were "only" focusing on specific groups such as Women, LGBTQI+, but we did not have any for the topic of health & disability. Long story short, it took three weeks for me to be in a meeting with our Global head of HR and while HR legally is not allowed to know about health status of employees on this level, we had his full support and have a community up and running for more than six months now :)

Friday, June 2, 2023

Picture of Kristian K.

Kristian K.

Senior Consultant

I couldn't agree more: We definitely have a great culture. Currently, I am Kitzbühel at our RPT Summer Summit :D Next week we play beach volleyball with our project team and in 2 weeks we are having a after work boat party at the Berlin office. We are not only working closely with each other but build real friendships and have great team events fostering that culture.

Friday, June 2, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?