Picture of Hello, I was wondering how easy it is to get international opportunities at Roland Berger.

Hello, I was wondering how easy it is to get international opportunities at Roland Berger.

Picture of Verena
7 responses

Isabel K. asked during the live chat Frauen in der Beratung - Tausche Dich mit unseren Beraterinnen aus to Roland Berger

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, December 6, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, December 6, 2019

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Dear Isabel, thanks for your question. There are different opportunities to work internationally at Roland Berger: either in the context of a project or as a short- or even long-term assignment ("office exchange". I, personally, took the opportunity to spend half a year in our Paris Office. It really depends on your personal preferences, if you want work abroad there are several options which you can choose.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Isabel K.

Dear Verena, thank you for your response! Are there any prerequisites to obtain the possibility of an office exchange. For example: -Do you need to speak the language of the local office? -Is the possibility of exchange possible based on past performance?

Friday, December 6, 2019

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Indeed, it is usually required to speak the respective local language. In my example, it was very helpful to have good knowledge in French language to work in our Paris Office. Even if our documents and presentations are usually in English it is mainly necessary to interact with clients and colleagues.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

For your 2nd question: do you mean if the possibility depends on personal performance?

Friday, December 6, 2019

Isabel K.

Yes, I mean on your personal performance within the firm.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Obviously it is important that you have a good track record and good performance on past projects but there are no "hard" requirements that need to be fulfilled. Office exchanges are great to enhance the personal network within the firm as you get to know many more international colleagues.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Isabel K.

Thank you very much!

Friday, December 6, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?