Picture of Are the junior consultant positions split into functional and industry competence centers?

Are the junior consultant positions split into functional and industry competence centers?

Picture of Verena
7 responses

Isabel K. asked during the live chat Frauen in der Beratung - Tausche Dich mit unseren Beraterinnen aus to Roland Berger

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Friday, December 6, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, December 6, 2019

Isabel K.

And is this decided before the application rounds or during/after?

Friday, December 6, 2019

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Yes, consultants at Roland Berger choose their preferred competence center from the very beginning, so already at a junior level. The decision is usually made after the application rounds and depends on personal preferences and of course the competence fit, i.e., previous working experiences or internships

Friday, December 6, 2019

Isabel K.

Thank you, Verena. This brings me to my next question regarding the competence fit: I have a medical background but recently obtained a second master in International Management and Strategy. I am therefore interested in how present/active Roland Berger is in the Pharma and Healthcare sector. Do you have any more information on this matter?

Friday, December 6, 2019

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Your background sounds great! Our pharma & healthcare team consists of consultants with backgrounds in medicine, chemistry, engineering etc. We are working for customers along the whole value chain. Unfortunately I don't have many more details on projects we are currently working on in pharma & healthcare :(

Friday, December 6, 2019

Isabel K.

Thank you Verena for your answer! I know you can't disclose the types of projects but I was interested in knowing the amount of activity of Roland Berger within that sector.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Theresa S.

Senior Consultant

Hello Isabel, we do have various projects and doctors in this team. Esp. digital projects have increased lately, I for example was part of a healthcare project this year.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Isabel K.

Thank you both for your answers!

Friday, December 6, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?