Picture of How easy is it to switch to another functional area after some time (for example from digital to restructuring)?

How easy is it to switch to another functional area after some time (for example from digital to restructuring)?

6 responses

Additional information

And how commonly does this happen? Thanks!

Paul N. asked during the live chat Mobility Transformation to Roland Berger

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Friday, March 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, March 6, 2020

Barbara K.

HR Expert Full-Time Positions Consulting Recruiting

Hi Paul, happy to answer your question. During the recruiting process you will find a fitting functional area for you where you start from. Of course it is possible to switch to other functional areas, normally you collect project experience within1-2 years. Due to this experience you may want to switch to other areas, which is of course possible and something you would discuss with your mentor as your career coach. It is also possible to transfer to other offices/countries for a specific time frame or longer, if you would be interested in that.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Paul N.

Thank you very much for your insights. Really like the idea of getting to know an additional functional area after some time. And of course, working in another country is also very interesting! Thank you!

Friday, March 6, 2020

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Hi Paul, in addition I would like to highlight that most of projects are done at the interface of different areas. So when we are for example working on a transformation project we would have colleagues from different CCs, e.g. digital for new technologies to improve processes like RPA, restructuring for financial and overhead related questions, operations for everything related to production or engineering and so on. So you would get to know different areas 'on the job' anyways

Friday, March 6, 2020

Paul N.

Thanks Verena. I think this makes the work very diversified and interesting. What would you say, how many different CCs are typically involved in one project?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Great. Obviously it depends on the project, so it is a bit difficult to have a general answer :) You always have at least 2 CCs (one functional and one Industry area, i.e. Digital and Automotive). I also had projects with 4 or 5 different CCs, especially in larger transformation projects for OEMs when we are working in different modules and around the globe.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Paul N.

Thank you :)

Friday, March 6, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?