Picture of Hi, do you have any recommendations regarding the letter of motivations besides the usual "dos and don'ts"?

Hi, do you have any recommendations regarding the letter of motivations besides the usual "dos and don'ts"?

4 responses

Fabian A. asked during the live chat Mobility Transformation to Roland Berger

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Friday, March 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, March 6, 2020

Barbara K.

HR Expert Full-Time Positions Consulting Recruiting

Hi Fabian, thank you for your question. I'll try to give some tips and tricks now: First of all I would like to stress to make it not too long. Always do think about the target person/company whom you are sending the letter. Both sounds clear, but as I am reading through a lot of letters, I've made the experience, that letters are far too long and very exchangeable. Do try to avoid repeating information you find on the website of the company where you are applying. It does not provide the HR person with any knowledge about you and you background. Try to stress facts about you and you background and a possible fit to the company, this is way more interesting to read and captures you. So be authentic and honest about the picture you are painting. It is always a good idea to let someone who knows you well (friend, family) read through the letter and collect feedback.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Fabian A.

Thank you for your detailed answer. Talking about the fit to Roland Berger, I can imagine that the entrepreneurial drive is an important aspect to cover. Are there any other aspects you would love to see stressed?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Barbara K.

HR Expert Full-Time Positions Consulting Recruiting

If you can stress where you might fit into the picture - where your passion and goals fit to an industry or functional area of ours, that would be something interesting.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Fabian A.

Great! Thank you. Best regards

Friday, March 6, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?