Picture of What are some critical success factors for success as a consultant at Roland Berger?

What are some critical success factors for success as a consultant at Roland Berger?

9 responses

Andreas V. asked during the live chat Mobility Transformation to Roland Berger

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Friday, March 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, March 6, 2020

Barbara K.

HR Expert Full-Time Positions Consulting Recruiting

Hi Andreas, I will start with some points and maybe my colleagues would like to add some points: Having an entrepreneurial mindset and an eagerness to learn and shape and take responsibility are key success factors in my opinion. We do have a lot of different characters, nationalities and backgrounds, but the mindset and passion about their work is recognisable in all of our colleagues. Many of our colleagues want to make a difference and have an impact.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Andreas V.

Hi Barbara, reading that the entrepreneurial mindset is crucial, attracts me. What would you advise a candidate who likes to join RB after having been an entrepreneur for a couple of years?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Hi Andreas, I can add some points on that question. In my opinion we have a very unique culture and really value empathic personalities. Coming to your second question: Do you mean in terms of entry possibilities, i.e. the entry level as a Consultant?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Andreas V.

Hi Verena, also, the emphatic part is something that I appreciate with RB. Yes, I mean by entering the company on the level of a senior consulting / project manager.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

We look at every application in detail and check educational and past working experience of the candidate. But the final decision is only made after the final round of interviews, based on the performance and personal impression.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Andreas V.

Sounds fair enough. Thank you Verena.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

We have several colleagues that have joined (or re-joined) the company after having worked in a startup

Friday, March 6, 2020

Andreas V.

Wow, I am convinced that is fostering your unique corporate culture. I am looking forward to learning more about RB, soon.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Andreas V.

Thank you for your time and answering our questions.

Friday, March 6, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?