Picture of How does Roland Berger's staffing policy work?

How does Roland Berger's staffing policy work?

13 responses

Rafael C. asked during the live chat Mobility Transformation to Roland Berger

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Friday, March 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, March 6, 2020

Barbara K.

HR Expert Full-Time Positions Consulting Recruiting

Hello Rafael, let me answer your question on staffing. This is a 2 side approach within Roland Berger. On one hand you do have your mentor not only as your acting career coach, but also taking care of your project staffing. He knows you best and has your interests at heart and discusses options with you.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Barbara K.

On the other hand we do have our Central Staffing team. These colleagues match open projects and best fitting available consultant profile on a daily basis and support in putting together the best team for the client.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Aaron N.

Hi Barbara, thank you for your answer! Does this mean (in Germany, at least) that is doesn't matter too much which office one is based it, or do offices have specialties based on their locations?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Leonard L.

Senior Consultant

Hi Aaron, you can choose your office with 100% flexibility when joining and also at a later stage in your career. Personally, I started off in Munich 3.5 years ago and moved to Berlin last month - no questions asked. Just pick a city of your liking and go for it :-)

Friday, March 6, 2020

Barbara K.

Hi Aaron yes that is true for Germany, absolutely. We would recommend you choose your office based on your personal preference only. It is not bound to anything else.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Rafael C.

Thanks a lot! Does the staffing have any other boundaries, e.g., is it preferably regional (e.g. DACH) or global? From your experience, how many projects of yours are abroad, how many are in your home country? If it matters in any way: I'm based in Switzerland

Friday, March 6, 2020

Leonard L.

Senior Consultant

Hi Rafael, I am based in Germany but have spent c.40% of my time with the company on international assignments (predominantly Europe and Asia). Getting send abroad is rather normal

Friday, March 6, 2020

Aaron N.

That's great to hear! I would definitely enjoy the opportunity a new city in Germany. Does Roland Berger offer medium term (6mo-1yr) office swap programs?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Barbara K.

Yes, you do have the possibilities to transfer to other offices, for 6 mths, up to 2 years.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Aaron N.

Great, thank you!

Friday, March 6, 2020

Aditya C.

After how many years of working at Roland Berger is one eligible to transfer to another office for a few months?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Rafael C.

Thanks to both of you!

Friday, March 6, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?