Picture of Do you expect significant developments in what is arguably the oldest piece of infrastructure in UM i.e. roads?

Do you expect significant developments in what is arguably the oldest piece of infrastructure in UM i.e. roads?

3 responses

Additional information

Do you expect significant developments in what is arguably the oldest piece of infrastructure in UM i.e. roads? That is, assuming that the "vehicles" of the future are still moving on rubber tires and no new paradigm arises in this part of the vehicles. UM = urban mobility

Andrea S. asked during the live chat Mobility Transformation to Roland Berger

Category: About us

Date asked: Friday, March 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, March 6, 2020

Leonard L.

Senior Consultant

There are numerous companies currently experimenting with drones for people and goods transport. Dubai is to launch a new service with autonomous drones that fly you from the roof of one sky scraper to the other. Thus, in an urban environment I am not sure whether it will be all rubber and tyres in the future. That being said, it will probably remain dominant in the next 10 years

Friday, March 6, 2020

Leonard L.

Senior Consultant

Besides the air, the underground also allows for a paradigm shift. We also see many exciting developments in this field - both in urban and inter-city mobility

Friday, March 6, 2020

Andrea S.

Very interesting - thank you for your time

Friday, March 6, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?