Picture of Hi Julia, what is the main business language in your department? Would one be able to succeed with only B1 German?

Hi Julia, what is the main business language in your department? Would one be able to succeed with only B1 German?

Picture of Verena
1 response

Additional information

I have the right experience to excel and contribute to this company but I fear that I'm not fluent in german enough.

Ropafadzo N. asked a question to Consultant

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 2, 2022

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Hi, thanks for your question. Of course it is beneficial to have a good proficiency in German language especially for German-speaking clients. Nevertheless, and as we are more and more switching to English as 'project language' there are definitely areas where German is not a 'must'. So it really depends on the area where you would like to work. Some examples: If you're interested in projects the public area we would still require full German proficiency. If you want to work in the fields of industrials (e.g., aerospace, automotive) or operations we are also very open for non-German speakers. Please let me know in which field you're mainly interested in, then I can give further advice :) Best, Verena

Thursday, June 2, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?