Picture of Nicolas
6 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Strategy, Consulting & Management

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, May 8, 2020

Maximilian S.

Project Manager

Hi anon - postdoc and PhDs with no other relevant experience outside academia are usually hired as consultants. Best, Max

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Picture of Nicolas W.

Nicolas W.

Principal

In general, each application is assessed individually and, based on this, the optimal entry level is chosen. In particular, it depends on the amount of work experience which you bring alongside your PhD. As a rule of thumb, PhDs enter our firm on the consultant level.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Anonymous

Is there a language criteria for PhDs and postdocs as well? I presume that many candidates move to a different country for their phd and postdoc. Can these candidates apply to the local office or the language rule still holds.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Picture of Verena K.

Verena K.

Project Manager

Hi, thanks for your question. Similiar to other entry levels, the local offices mostly require fluency in the local language. For example, for our German offices we ask for both fluent German and English skills. Best, Verena

Monday, October 7, 2019

Anonymous

I am a chemistry Ph.D. student at the University of Cambridge and I would like to apply to Roland Berger. I just wanted to know does Roland Berger have a strict A-level requirement?

Friday, May 8, 2020

Picture of Nicolas W.

Nicolas W.

Principal

Hi Anon. Thanks for your question. We look at each application individually and take the grades in combination with work experience, other academic accomplishments and additional skills into account. So I encourage you to apply if you see a fit with us!

Friday, May 8, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?