Picture of Is there a chance with high motivation but not high grades could become a part of this company in the social field?

Is there a chance with high motivation but not high grades could become a part of this company in the social field?

Picture of Nicolas
3 responses

Additional information

Opting to step into consulting (more than 2 years with recruiting startup as a consultant)

Sajida R. asked a question to Strategy, Consulting & Management

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Sunday, August 25, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, August 29, 2019

Markus V.

Finance

Dear Sajida, grades (high school and university) are indeed an important aspect when we screen applications, however, we do look at your entire profile including previous work experience as well as relevant international experience when evaluating your application. And motivation certainly plays a key role as well! If you have a preference in terms of which competence center you'd want to become part of, feel free to indicate this in your application.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Picture of Nicolas W.

Nicolas W.

Principal

I agree with Markus on the importance of grades for screening applications. As Markus, I'd like to emphasis the fact that we look at each application individually and in a holistic way. There are plenty of opportunities to highlight your specific motivations, extra curricular activities and special skills in your cover letter and your CV. In fact, I encourage you to produce a tailor-made application for any consultant role in our firm - tell us what really fascinates you about the role and our firm.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sajida R.

I am grateful for your kind comments. And for sure I have done the same and tried to portray in my application what speaks more about me. I am very happy to hear that talent has its way to show others what it is capable of. I am looking forward to meeting you in person. It will be a great pleasure.

Thursday, August 29, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?