Picture of Will the pandemic reduce travel in the long term?

Will the pandemic reduce travel in the long term?

6 responses

Sascha D. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: Life at the company

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

Hi Sascha :) Consulting lives from being close to our customers, fostering a relationship with them and supporting them on the ground. So I do not think that we will travel significantly less for regular project work. However, I think that we will reduce travel for single meetings, e.g. partners flying to a pitch, consultants traveling for trainings, etc. In the end it always depends a bit on our clients' wishes: If they want us to come, we will support them at their location, if they prefer to have the consultants far away, we will work from home :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Niels H.

Is this also a topic that you look at from a sustainable perspective? Also in relation to your goal of zero net emissions at Roland Berger by 2028.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

Definitely. We are already compensating our carbon footprint, our new company cars are now mostly hybrids or electric cars, we get an incentive for traveling by train instead of airplane. And many new measures are being implemented

Friday, May 7, 2021

Sascha D.

That sounds great! Thank you Jeanne :)

Friday, May 7, 2021

Jeanne P.

Senior Consultant

You are welcome!

Friday, May 7, 2021

Niels H.

Also many thanks from my side

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?