Picture of What was your biggest crisis at work and how did you manage it?

What was your biggest crisis at work and how did you manage it?

3 responses

Sascha D. asked during the live chat Take your chance - Get insights into our consulting work to Roland Berger

Category: Role challenge

Date asked: Friday, May 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Sascha. Thank you for your question! I would not call it crisis but one of the biggest challenges for me was at a project with a lot of focus in our company and involvement of ~5 partners and the involvement of various stakeholders. E.g. we took over the role of a competitor, the client counterpart was new in the job and an external restructuring officer was also involved. The toughest part was to balance the needs of the stakeholders, which was very chaotic at the beginning.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Sascha D.

Hi Michaela, thank you for your response. How were you able to achieve this balance? Did you have a specific communication strategy, e.g. jour fixe, workshops?

Friday, May 7, 2021

Michaela F.

Project Manager

Hi Sascha. My credo was kind of hang in there, and one step at a time. It turned out to be a great project where I am actually friends with the client. It just needed time to figure itself out :) But yes, regular touchpoints with the client was one of the most important aspects.

Friday, May 7, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?