Picture of Can you describe your what your day today is like as a marketing expert? How do you stay sharp at work?

Can you describe your what your day today is like as a marketing expert? How do you stay sharp at work?

Picture of Daniela
1 response

Additional information

I'm interested to transition into a career in marketing and I want to know how to become an expert

Anonymous asked a question to Daniela R.

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Thursday, June 3, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 17, 2021

Picture of Daniela R.

Daniela R.

marketing expert

My day starts with our daily newsroom conference where we discuss the latest marketing topics and campaigns and review our media watch, which tells us in which media we are present for each of our Roland Berger topics. After that, I head straight into an important project meeting. Together with our KPI unit, I am currently working on a major relaunch of our automated marketing dashboard. The dashboard gives us important insights into the performance of our campaigns. We use it to track our marketing channels and optimize our performance on a daily basis. We are currently about to go live with a new release, which means I need to manage a lot of coordination with our analytics agency, internal testing and preparation of the go-live communication. After lunch and a short walk through the English Garden in Munich, I have some time in the afternoon to take care of important tasks (e.g. preparing our monthly recap meeting). Later in the afternoon I have a training session with one of our new Partners, to whom I give an introduction to the LinkedIn Sales Navigator (LinkedIn's extended sales tool). Today, I am also attending our Newsroom Operations JF where I will be giving my colleagues a small overview of our new lead process in our CRM / Marketing Automation Tool. The rest of the day is filled with answering emails, planning a lead generation campaign with a colleague from France and finally a quick catch up over coffee with the colleagues from the Media Design team. How to stay sharp? I like to stay sharp by attending webinars and doing regular online trainings to expand my expertise in marketing analytics. What I can definitely recommend to educate yourself: Try out a lot of new things, keep yourself up to date via various online channels and social media. Exchange with colleagues and also use online learning platforms such as Coursera. They offer a lot of trainings on marketing specific topics.

Thursday, June 17, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?