Picture of To what extent is Roland Berger still envolved in the phases of the Digital Euro?

To what extent is Roland Berger still envolved in the phases of the Digital Euro?

Picture of Maurice
5 responses

Additional information

As the current development of the Digital Euro has been less noticable through global events and closed curtons. Is there potential for future projects esepcially as a new joiner in 2025?

Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Marcel S. asked during the live chat Future of Money@Roland Berger – Digital Euro to Roland Berger

Category: About us

Date asked: Friday, January 19, 2024

Last reviewed: Friday, January 19, 2024

Picture of Maurice H.

Maurice H.

consultant

Hey everyone, Roland Berger is one of five framework contract partners as part of the digital development.The development of the digital euro will most likely take several years. So there might be a chance that we will continue to support the ECB

Friday, January 19, 2024

Marcel S.

Could you elaborate on what you mean with the "one of five contract partners"?

Friday, January 19, 2024

Picture of Maurice H.

Maurice H.

consultant

For the development of the digital euro the ECB has a framework agreement with five different consultancies (Roland Berger is one of those five). Based on this agreement the ECB can procure consulting services as part of the digital euro development. Hope this clarifies your question?

Friday, January 19, 2024

Marcel S.

Thank you! I talked to a professor the other day who had the perspective that the Digital Euro has potential to make every transaction transparent. I assume that a considerable amount of people are afraid or see the new currency as a threat. Is the ECB activly working on the "cultrual" change during the transformation of an digital euro?

Friday, January 19, 2024

Picture of Maurice H.

Maurice H.

consultant

The design of the digital euro is not final, yet. I agree that privacy is a very important topic and that (from what I have experienced) the ECB is taking privacy very seriously. Culturally, introducing a digital currency is of course a highly complex procedure. The ECB for sure will have to conduct a well planned campaign for the introduction of the digital euro.

Friday, January 19, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?