Picture of Is there anything that have surprised you over the years in Consulting? In a positive or negative way?

Is there anything that have surprised you over the years in Consulting? In a positive or negative way?

Picture of Anjori
1 response

Tim S. asked during the live chat From engineers to economists and data scientists: Get to know our consultants and their interesting careers! to Roland Berger

Category: Experience

Date asked: Friday, February 24, 2023

Last reviewed: Friday, February 24, 2023

Picture of Anjori J.

Anjori J.

Consultant

I am fairly new in consulting but let me take a shot at this anyway :) During my MBA I was quite sure I did not want to do consulting, simply because of the typical stereotypes I had heard about the field. But somehow, I ended up interning with RB in 2021 and I ended up loving it. Yes there are some long days, but the learning curve is steep. You work with exceptional people and get to learn every day. So that's the positives. The negative would be that yes, there are some projects that are demanding. But RB as a company is very actively trying to adopt these 'New Ways of Working' and push for better work life balance. There's multiple initiatives that come under the New Ways of Working. It is essentially an RB internal program to promote work life balance, including a more flexible hybrid setup. For example, one such initiative is ensuring you are back from any essential client travel on Thursday evening, so that you get to spend your Friday evenings with your fam and friends. Its small things like that, which then join together to create a well balanced lifestyle

Friday, February 24, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?