Picture of What makes a consulting expierence from RB unique compared to other Consulting firms like McK or BCG?

What makes a consulting expierence from RB unique compared to other Consulting firms like McK or BCG?

Picture of Nicolas
3 responses

Additional information

Which key characteristics must a consultant show to help creating outstanding consulting experience for RB clients?

Andreas V. asked a question to Strategy, Consulting & Management

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Friday, March 27, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, March 27, 2020

Picture of Nicolas W.

Nicolas W.

Principal

Thanks a lot for your great question Andreas. Here is my personal view: I think there are two key factors which make a consulting experience at RB unique. First, the combination between our global footprint and full industry/function service offering on the one hand and our size in terms of numbers of consultants is quite special. It allows you to have the full strategy consulting experience while being able to know a large number of people of the company and forge close relationships - not only with your office colleagues but across competence centers and regions. Second, I think we truly embody an entrepreneurial spirit. Regardless of your current rank in the company, you can propose and follow through with own ideas. For example, already on the consultant level, I was able to develop a new product offering bridging our marketing and innovation practice. I pitched the idea to a partner who was very supportive and we managed to set-up the new product within three months. I really like this ability to bring in my own ideas. Hope this helps Andreas! Feel free to follow up!

Friday, March 27, 2020

Andreas V.

Thank you Nicolas, I appreciate you shared your personal experience as well. Does this entrepreneurial spirit mean as well, to recommend a candidate to apply a second time, even when the first application was rejected? I mean Elon Musk needed as well several trails before he could land his falcon rockets.

Friday, March 27, 2020

Picture of Nicolas W.

Nicolas W.

Principal

Good follow-up question Andreas! :-) Yes, we recommend to apply a second time, even when the first application was rejected. Given the rejection reasons can vary quite a bit, we recommend to give yourself as an applicant 1-2 years for additional personal development (additional work experience, international exposure etc.).

Friday, March 27, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?