Picture of Is it still pretty common at RB to pursue a Phd or MBA after 2-3 years, or is it not as important as it used to be in

Is it still pretty common at RB to pursue a Phd or MBA after 2-3 years, or is it not as important as it used to be in

7 responses

Additional information

Past?

Markus I. asked during the live chat Mobility Transformation to Roland Berger

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Friday, March 6, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, March 6, 2020

Konstantin U.

Senior Consultant

Hi Markus, At Roland Berger, it is not mandatory to do a PhD or MBA after 2-3 years. However, if you are on a good track and want to do it, you will be given the chance. In this case, Roland Berger comes up for the tuition (MBA) or continues to pay you a salary during your educational leave (PhD).

Friday, March 6, 2020

Christoph A.

Hello everyone. Building upon Markus's questions, I'd like to ask for some more information on the educational leave. How exactly does it work and do you have specific partner institutions?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Markus I.

Okay, thanks for the insights. Is there also the possibility to transfer to another international office through a secondment program?

Friday, March 6, 2020

Konstantin U.

Senior Consultant

Hi Christoph. You can do an educational leave after being two years with the firm. In case of a PhD, you will have to find a professor that is willing to supervise your doctoral thesis. Once you start your PhD, you will have up to two years to finish it. During that time, you do not have to work as a consultant.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Christoph A.

Great, thanks for the insight, Konstantin.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Konstantin U.

Senior Consultant

@Markus: Yes, you can transfer to an international office after being two years with the firm. The duration of your stay can vary from three months up to three years.

Friday, March 6, 2020

Markus I.

Cool, thanks for the answer.

Friday, March 6, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?