Picture of Which industry do you think is booming with the current situation?

Which industry do you think is booming with the current situation?

Picture of Julia
Picture of Narine
15 responses

Narine E. asked during the live chat Climate Action – How Roland Berger helps its clients to achieve their goals towards a carbon-free world to Roland Berger

Category: About us

Date asked: Friday, December 10, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, December 10, 2021

Picture of Julia R.

Julia R.

Senior Consultant

We see a high amount of companies announcing ambitious decarbonization targets towards a net-zero world in every industry. Of course there are industries which are more affected by regulations, since they are heavier emitters, e.g. steel, chemicals, transportation or energy.

Friday, December 10, 2021

Picture of Narine E.

Narine E.

And would you say that focusing on a specific industry like energy would yield to a better result? than diversifying?

Picture of Julia R.

Julia R.

Senior Consultant

From my personal experience at Roland Berger, I can say that we especially make projects in the energy, transportation but also consumer goods area. So if you have a special focus, there will be something to work on :) If the target is to bring down emissions, there is of course a bigger effect when tackling high emitting industries. But in the end, all industries need to reach net-zero by 2050, in order to be in line with the Paris Agreement. And in order to save our planet!

Picture of Narine E.

Narine E.

Yes true Is there any specific project you enjoyed working the most? and was the project an impactful one?

Picture of Julia R.

Julia R.

Senior Consultant

We have several projects going on with focus on decarbonizing transport emissions, I think these projects are very interesting :) Furthermore I was partly involved in a project, in which we helped an automotive supplier to decrease its Scope 2 emissions, also very insightful!

Picture of Narine E.

Narine E.

Very interesting! I would like to read about them and if I got the chance to join RB during summer would I have the chance to work on project related to sustainability?

Picture of Hülgen C.

Hülgen C.

Senior Consultant

Hello again from my side :) Generally, of course it is possible to work on projects related to sustainbility. I would propose to mention your interest in sustainability & climate action during the recruiting process.

Picture of Narine E.

Narine E.

Will do! thank you and nice too e-meet you

Picture of Hülgen C.

Hülgen C.

Senior Consultant

Good luck!! :)

Picture of Julia R.

Julia R.

Senior Consultant

Good luck Narine! Looking forward to your application :)

Picture of Narine E.

Narine E.

Thank you! Is there any advice that you would like to mention?😊

Picture of Julia R.

Julia R.

Senior Consultant

For me (more than 3 years ago) it was all about getting prepared for the case interview! So practising mental arithmetic could be very helpful for example. But also being structured throughout the cases is very important :) If you are well prepared, it also gives you more confidence during your interviews.

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?