Picture of How would you start working as a consultant at Roland Berger with a non-business background?

How would you start working as a consultant at Roland Berger with a non-business background?

Picture of Alexander
Picture of Alexander
6 responses

Additional information

Like trainings or workshops

Pia N. asked during the live chat Working in consultancy & being socially committed or promoting your own business idea? Roland Berger makes it possible! to Roland Berger

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, February 11, 2022

Last reviewed: Friday, February 11, 2022

Picture of Alexander H.

Alexander H.

Project Manager

Hi Pia, I actually have roots in IT and software development and did my PhD in physics so I guess non-business background fits me quite well. In general there are a lot of trainings available from market modelling to M&A topics. Probably the most important resources are your colleagues. The great thing about RB is that we have experts from so many fields that you can just approach a colleague from Investor Support and ask them about any business-related topic :)

Friday, February 11, 2022

Picture of Alexander H.

Alexander H.

Project Manager

And you of course get a kick-off event after joining that teaches you the basics that you need to get going and also provides a good opportunity to network with your colleagues

Picture of Pia N.

Pia N.

That sounds fantastic, like good teamwork with different strengths. Thank you Alexander for sharing your story with me.

Picture of Alexander H.

Alexander H.

Project Manager

Happy to help. This of course also goes the other way around if you have a technical background your "business colleagues" will be happy to have you on board on projects where your expertise is valuable or fits the client's product range. So you always have a chance to give something back as well

Rohit K.

Hi Alexander, I have 5 years of Automotive industry experience and 4 years of Business Consulting- IT Business Analyst experience....How can I assess my fitment at RB?

Picture of Alexander H.

Alexander H.

Project Manager

Hi Rohit. This largely depends on your personal skills and preferences. As you probably know, especially in automotive things are changing fast. So if you have experience in areas like battery tech, software development, ADAS systems this would of course be beneficial. Also it depends on your strategic experience. Were you in a position where you have led teams and worked on strategic company challenges then maybe you could apply as a senior hire.

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?